sábado, 30 de mayo de 2015

Wrap Up April 2015


 In May I read a total of 11 books so I feel very proud of myself. Although one of them was "The Little Prince", a book I read when I was in primary school and because I did not remember the story I decided to reread. Still, I read many more books than I had planned to read. Suddenly I was finishing a book in two days and I think I read many.


I started the month reading "The Scorpio Races" by Maggie Stiefvater. I began to read this book in April, but I couldn’t finish it so I included it in this Wrap Up. The book seemed very slow and I could not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I gave the book 3.5. You can read the full review on the links.

The Scorpio Races: Goodreads and Review.




While reading "The Scorpio Races" I also read "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" by JK Rowling. Also I started this book in April but failed to finish it in that month. This book is one of my favorites and was a reread to me. I really enjoyed the book because I knew that there were things that were going to happen and it made me refresh my memory of certain things I could not remember.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Goodreads

After that I began to participate in a read along that was announced by a Colombian Booktuber who I follow. The read along was reading the book "Todas las Hadas del Reino" by Laura Gallego. This book seemed magical. I enjoyed it very much and I read it very fast. I gave it a score of 4.3 and I did a review on it too but it is in Spanish only.

Todas las Hadas del Reino: Goodreads and Review



Because I finished the other book very quickly I picked up "The 100" by Kass Morgan and "Snow like Ashes" by Sara Raasch. With "The 100" I felt disappointed because I expected something else. The television show seems much better than the book but I will still continue with the trilogy to see what happens. This book gave it a 3.5 and also reviewed it in the blog.

The 100: Goodreads and Review

On the other hand, "Snow like Ashes" was a super enjoyable reading. I loved this book even so I have not read much high fantasy so I am not an expert. I gave this book 4.8 and think it was the best book I read this month. The review and Goodreads page are in the links down below.

Snow like Ashes: Goodreads and Review




When finished "Snow like Ashes" I started reading "Anna and the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins. I also read "The Little Prince" at that time but it only took me two days to read it. "Anna and the French Kiss" was a book I enjoyed but I didn’t love. I think it's a good contemporary romance but not the super mega literary work. I gave it a 3.8 and I also reviewed it on the blog.

A Kiss in Paris: Goodreads and Review
The Little Prince: Goodreads


At the end of "Anna and the French Kiss" I wanted to read another contemporary so I took "Falling into Place" by Amy Zhang. A book that made me think a lot about the importance of my actions. "Falling into you place" got a 4 of my ranking and also has a review on the blog in case you want to see.

Falling into Place: Goodreads and Review




I took two books after "Falling into Place". "The Warrior Heir" by Cinda Williams Cima and, "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Saenz. I finished Aristotle and Dante first and I can say is one of the best books I've read in the month along with "Snow like Ashes". A beautiful book that I recommend to everyone. This book got a 4.7 and is reviewed in the blog.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe: Goodreads and Review


I finished "The Warrior Heir" later. I believe the book was good but not excellent. With an interesting plot and a good premise but it is not one of those books that stay in your memory. I put a 3.5 in my raking and I made a review of it too.

The Warrior Heir: Goodreads and Review




At the end "The Warrior Heir" I took my last book of the month and this was "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I had heard a lot about this book. Many say that change their lives. I'm at a stage of internal reflection at this time so I thought it would be good to finish the month with this book. The book was interesting and has a very nice message, but I had many problems to read it. I was very sleepy and could not move forward in the reading. It took me so long to read this book even when "Snow like Ashes", for example, was a bigger book than this one and I read that one in less time than this one. I gave it a 3 on my ranking and I have no motivation to make a review of it.

The Alchemist: Goodreads


It was a wonderful month in terms of reading. It was the month I have read the most so far this year and I've read two books that I know will be included in my top 10 reads of 2015. I feel proud and happy. And you, what did you guys read during the month of May?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates