lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2014

Cinder


Author: Marissa Meyer

Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Retelling

Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Year : 2012

Ranking : 4,7/ 5

 


Synopsis


Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

The Author


Marissa Meyer is an American novelist. Her debut novel, Cinder was released on January 3, 2012. It is the first in her new series, "The Lunar Chronicles". Meyer was born in Tacoma, Washington and attended Pacific Lutheran University, where she received a degree in creative writing. Before writing Cinder, Meyer worked as a book editor for five years and wrote Sailor Moon fan fiction under the pen name of Alicia Blade. In an interview with The News-Tribune, she said that doing the fan fiction helped her learn the craft of writing, gave her instant feedback and how to take criticism.  

The Lunar Chronicles is a four book series (quartet) with volumes based on Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, and Snow White. The first book, Cinder, was a New York Times bestseller. In 2013 Meyer received a new 2-book deal from Feiwel & Friends for a young adult series featuring the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. The first book, Heartless, is set for a Fall 2015 release.  

Personal Experience with This Book


I was personally really excited to read this book because when I heard of it I just fell in love with the story. I mean, I loved Cinderella as a child and reading about a retelling of it just made me so happy I bought the book as soon as I could.

Still when the book came to me I was reading another one and I had to finished it before starting this one. I read this book in a week (Which for me is fast because I read at night before going to be only). I was so into the story that I left the other book I was reading aside and just read this one until I finished it. And when it happened I was feeling so empty I had to go to the bookstore to get the second part (Which I already finish as well today :D).

Cinder is an amazing book. I loved it from the beginning until the end and I felt every word the author wrote. I mean I cried, I laughed, I felt sad and I even blushed by Kai’s interest in Cinder. I was so happy when I read something about the two of them. Also the story is so fast pace that I found myself saying “Ok, one more chapter and I’ll go to sleep” every time, you always want to know what is going to happened next and I loved that.

The world building was awesome, I think this thing about people living in the moon and having powers is pretty cool. And, about the IV world war and everything; I mean, she really constructed a future society based on the one we have now and moreover she add the technology part which makes it particularly awesome for me.

I liked that Cinder was not perfect. Sometimes I get tired of just perfect main female character or male. Anyways, Cinder being a Cyborg makes is so unique and cool. I loved Iko so much! I think she is my favorite character! She is awesome!

About Queen Levana… I have to say I HATE HER! And seriously I hate her even more than any other evil character in any other book I have read… I hate her so much!!! She is one of the most detestable characters of all time. Really.


I enjoyed this book so much but I did not give it a 5 stars because it was predictable. I mean, I did not care a lot about it while reading it but thinking back I have to say I knew what was going to happened with Cinder when I was not even at half of the story and that takes out points of the book. However, because I did not care about it too much I took only 0.3 stars from it jajajajaja. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates