jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2015

The Girl on the Train


Author: Paula Hawkins
Genre: Thriller, Suspense, Adult Fiction, Mystery.
Publisher: Riverhead Books
Year: 2015
Ranking: 4/5
  Synopsis


Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning. Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck. She’s even started to feel like she knows them. “Jess and Jason,” she calls them. Their life—as she sees it—is perfect. Not unlike the life she recently lost.

And then she sees something shocking. It’s only a minute until the train moves on, but it’s enough. Now everything’s changed. Unable to keep it to herself, Rachel offers what she knows to the police, and becomes inextricably entwined in what happens next, as well as in the lives of everyone involved. Has she done more harm than good?

The Author


Paula Hawkins worked as a journalist for fifteen years before turning her hand to fiction. Born and brought up in Zimbabwe, Paula moved to London in 1989 and has lived there ever since. The Girl on the Train is her first thriller.

Personal Experience with This Book


I planned to read this book since I heard about it. Normally I do not read thriller but since I saw "Gone Girl" by Gyllian Flynn I have been interested in knowing how I would take a book of this type and, when I read this book was about a similar topic I thought I would read it to see how it went.

The plot of the book is very interesting. Although initially slow, I did not feel bored while reading it even once and, when the momentum reaches its pick it becomes incredibly fast. It is difficult to stop reading at one point and I think it is important for such books because that is the whole idea of ​​the plot, that the reader would want to know what had really happened.

Rachel is annoying at times. Especially because of her alcohol problem, but I cannot judge her by that fact. She gives that impression that she loves to be involved. As her life is a total mess, all this disappearance gave her a reason to wake up every day. I believe, however, that the character developed positively due to this fact and that at some point she becomes a reliable one.

I cannot say much abot Megan and Anna because I do not want to spoil anything to anyone. But these two were a concept for me ... B*tches both. And excuse me for the word but these two women are a living example of narcissism. They are so focused on themselves that nothing else matters, what matters is what they want and have. The only good thing I saw in Anna was her mother's love for Evie.

The only bad thing I found in this book, and the reason it does not have a higher rating with me is that I already knew who was guilty long before they started to give me strong tracks. Paula made me doubt my guess several times, I do not deny that, but I could identify the likely culprit of everything at a specific point in history. Then I saw myself suddenly wondering if I had been wrong. The feeling of "I knew it" ruined a little bit the experience for me. I wanted the book to surprise me, to be with my mouth wide open and it was not possible.


I think it is a book worth reading. It is true that at first is slow but you just have to try it. It will come a time when you will enjoy it. I hope you read it. And those who already read it, how did you guys feel?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates