jueves, 2 de octubre de 2014

The Maze Runner


Author : James Dashner
Genre: Dystopia, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Publisher : Delacorte Press
Year : 2009
Ranking : 4 / 5
 
Synopsis


If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

“Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade”

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.

“Everything is going to change”

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

Remember. Survive. Run

The Author


James Smith Dashner (born November 26, 1972) is an American writer of speculative fiction, primarily series for children or young adults, such as the YA fantasy series 13th Reality. His 2008 novel The Journal of Curious Letters, first in the series, was one of the annual Borders Original Voices picks.

Dashner has been a professional writer since June 1, 2003 the date his first book, A Door in the Woods, was published. Dashner's books are written for young teens. His work is typically within the adventure, survival, and science-fiction genres. His book, The Maze Runner, was on the New York Times Bestseller List for one year, and was made into a major motion picture that was released on September 19, 2014.


Personal Experience with This Book

I decided to read this book because I watched the trailer for the movie and I got so into it that I wanted to know what was going to happen before the movie was released. I normally do not read the book after I watch the movie. It is just that It loses the fun of reading the book… At least that is what I think.
The Maze Runner is an amazing book. I said amazing because It just keeps you in and, you just cannot stop reading it. The author has this thing about ending every chapter with something new, some new clue, some new mystery that you just want to keep going and going and going because you feel that If you stop then you will not be able to concentrate in anything else but thinking about what is going to happen next. And for that, I have to say I read the book in three days almost and that was because I was at school. Reading while I was in break time of course.
I think the story is pretty good itself. It has a lot of intrigue, questions with no answers and mystery. It seems very complicated but it is not that complicated at the same time. It is actually very original from my point of view. The whole experiment story and the fact that this guys actually created a whole new world for them. It was like the beginning of civilization.
For the characters I have to say that I was impressed by the way the author actually gives them their own personality and it lets you explore them as well. Because there are just so many of them, but then you feel at the end of the book that you actually knew everything that it has to be known for everyone of them. I mean the main characters because they were like 8 of them.
Thomas was not my favorite character of the book. However, he was the main character and it has the most appearance in the story of course. You can see his development and how that fear started to become a desire to live, to scape. Also, the author portrayed him as very intelligent, mature and very realistic and straightforward guy and I really liked that.
My favorite however was Chuck and Newt. Chuck because he actually gave the story some kind of nice flavor. He was funny and at the same he expressed his fear in a very unique way. Newt because he was there the whole time for Thomas and, for me he was more like a leader. Even more than Alby.
I really enjoyed the book. I also watched already the movie and I found some differences but that always happens with books and movies. I recommend the book 100%. Especially if you like those dystopias. 

Links

  1. Goodreads
  2. Amazon





No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates