miércoles, 18 de noviembre de 2015

The First Last Kiss


Author: Ali HarrisGenre: New Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction.Editorial: Simon & Schuster UK  Year: 2013Ranking: 4/5

  

Synopsis


How do you hold on to a love that is slowly slipping away from you? Can you let go of the past when you know what is in the future? And how do you cope when you know that every kiss is a countdown to goodbye?

This is the story of a love affair, of Ryan and Molly and how they fell in love and were torn apart. The first time Molly kissed Ryan, she knew they'd be together forever. Six years and thousands of kisses later she's married to the man she loves. But today, when Ryan kisses her, Molly realises how many of them she wasted because the future holds something which neither of them could have ever predicted…

The Author


Ali is a magazine journalist who has worked in the world of glossy magazines for ten years. She grew up in deepest darkest Norfolk, where she spent her formative years dreaming of the bright lights of the big city. At 18 she swapped sheep for show tunes and moved to London to do a degree in performing arts. After three years of 'studying' (read: doing jazz hands) she became.... a waitress. In her spare time, she started writing a book (about a frustrated waitress, of course) and soon realised that writing was her true passion.

Simon & Schuster published Ali’s debut Miracle on Regent Street in October 2011. Her second novel The First Last Kiss was published in January 2013. Her latest novel, Written in the Stars, is out now.

Personal Experience with This Book

I do not remember why I decided to read this book. I do not remember if I saw it on BookTube or, if someone recommended it to me. What I do know is that it was on my TBR since last year in October. When I decided to read it, it was because I was looking at the books I had added to my TBR long time ago so; I could read something that had a long time in there.

The narrative is somewhat confusing at first because there are many ​​jumps in time. First, we are in the present, then in a very distant past, then another nearer, and we return to the present. However, once you get used to the rhythm of the story that confusion disappears and you begin to fully immerse yourself in what Molly is telling.

The love story seemed too cute and realistic. It is one of those love stories that have a slow starting point but they develop so far they can go until the end. A relationship that went through many stages and that despite all the difficulties and, the process of knowing each other, accept themselves as they are. Those things are well reflected in the story.

I love Ryan. His character is not the typical “Prince Charming”. By contrast, it has many flaws and much room for improvement. It is a homely and much attached to his family man, but it also leaves him locked up in a world where he will not come out. That does not leaves him live life to the fullest because he does not want to leave that bubble where he feels safe. However, Molly loves him so much that makes many sacrifices to be with him. Molly, meanwhile, is a free and eager to discover the world soul, a person who does not believe in "happily ever after" but that tries to suits herself into the quiet home life that Ryan wants to live. That is why they felt to me like a real couple. Because both seek that balance that gives the other, and themselves, happiness.

The chapters are short then, despite being, a 400-page book it does not feel tedious to read and you can read it very fast. I read it in three days. My rating is 4/5 because I would have liked to see a little more Molly’s present. I feel that what the author showed us about this was very little and, I would have liked to see a bit more the life she was living. The little we saw leaves us with an open story.



 



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates