miércoles, 10 de agosto de 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child


Author: J. K Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne.
Genre: Fantasy, Play, Fiction
Publisher: Little Brown UK
Year : 2016
Ranking : 4,5/ 5


 
 Synopsis


Based on an original story by J.K. Rowling, a new play by Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children. While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

The Author

Joanne Rowling (Yate, South Gloucestershire, UK, July 31, 1965), who writes under the pseudonyms JK Rowling and Robert Galbraith, is a writer and producer of British cinema, best known as the creator of the acclaimed series of books Harry Potter. Harry Potter books have attracted attention and acclaim around the world, won multiple awards and sold over 450 million copies.
John Tiffany is an English theatre director. He directed the internationally successful productions Black Watch and Once. He has won a Tony Award, an Olivier Award, a Drama Desk Award and an Obie Award.
Jack Thorne (born 6 December 1978) is an English screenwriter and playwright. Born in Bristol, England, he has written for radio, theatre and film, most notably on the TV shows Skins, Cast-offs, This Is England '86, This Is England '88, This Is England '90, The Fades, The Last Panthers and the feature film The Scouting Book for Boys. He currently lives in London.

Personal Experience with This Book

Definitely, J.K Rowling is a genius writing fantasy. And, I say that because I still do not read "Casual Vacancy", but at least everything that she has been written for the world of Harry Potter is simply a WORK OF ART.

I cannot stop saying how wonderful this book is. It is awful not to reveal much about the plot because J.K Rowling asked us not to do it, because really that whole plot is too cool. Everything that happens in this book is truly magnific.

Harry is shown merely as a father who cares for his children, who have a job and that, despite how much people do not like wants to leave the past that haunts him every day where it belongs, the past. Albus is a child who has lived with the shadow of his dad haunting him, who seems to be the black sheep of the family, but above all things; a child to which the thing he wants the most to be loved and protected by that same person he is trying so hard to get away from, his father.

Seeing Ron and Hermione acting as a couple was more than great. I am and always have been #teamron in this saga. I never imagined Hermione with another person and, I used to ship them a lot. To be able to see that couple come to life for me was the sweetest thing in the world.

Scorpio was for me the topping of the cake of this book. This guy is simply a SUN. I fell in love with him and his personality. It really makes you want to care for him and wanting only good things to happen to him. Besides his friendship with Albus it is the most beautiful thing in this book. These two guys really make you feel how beautiful can become a friendship. I loved everything about them. Well ... not all because they made really stupid decisions, but their relationship was beautiful.

Now; you would ask, why a 4.5, why no a 5, if you're so happy you did not give it the perfect score? Many things that happened in this book and in the story that seemed taken from a wild imagination and had no head or tail. Too many situations that one says like “WTF .... WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?. That is why I think the book is receiving too much criticism. However, I think the fact that we are reading a SCRIPT gives us the explanation that "flaw". In a play, you do not have time to explain the details that should go in a book. This book should not even had been released; it ended up taking in this format by the same insistence of fans who will not be able to go to see the play.

Therefore, although I loved this book with all my heart and to me the plot was great, I cannot ignore the lack of explanation and consistency of the story. Too many crazy things happening which did not fit anywhere. In addition, we do not to see a development in secondary characters. We do not see many characters that I would have loved to see and that leaves me with this hole in my heart, which is not totally happy. So, it has its flaws but I would get enchanted at the theatre and I think that's what one should judge by reading this book, you are reading a script, not a novel.

At the end of all, I was HAPPY, CONTENT, EXCITED. I had that smile on my face that always gives me go into Harry Potter book and that, to me, is worth far more than anything else is. Not everything can be perfect; I knew that by its nature the book was not going to give me everything I wanted but I loved it and enjoyed it deeply.

I just want to say two more things. READ IT, READ IT, READ IT. Everyone has to read it because it is just wonderful and, the other thing is, when you read it, look for me. I need to talk about this with someone privately to fangirl properly.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates